Week 2 Reflection

May 21, 2023

8pm 

Week 2 reflection 

This has been another productive week for Brooke and me! Starting on Monday, Brooke and I spent a full day at Remy. This was one of my favorite days because Brooke and I learned SO much about what it means to be a boutique store owner. Remy showed us various websites where she orders inventory and the process behind it. She also answered a TON of questions that Brooke and I were curious about. This week also included moving inventory, getting content for Remy’s non-profit Launch2Life–including photos and interviews, and helping organize Remy’s online store. Brooke and I have continued to figure out how to effectively communicate with bosses and how to manage our time wisely. For example, we sometimes wouldn’t look at the train schedule until after making plans with Remy or Cat and then we would be stuck trying to figure out plan b. Although we felt foolish at those moments, they are all parts of the learning process and will be helpful before having a high-stake internship. 

I can’t believe 2 weeks have already gone by. When I reflect on this project as a whole, I’ve realized just how much I’ve been learning. I didn’t really know what to expect going into this internship but I have been extremely pleased with all that I have learned and all that I have done. Remy has been so kind answering all of our questions and finding things for us to do. We are so lucky to be learning from such a successful business owner with a talented design eye. 

I’m really looking forward to these next two days and I’m excited to meet with Tiffany tomorrow. We are going to go over the google sheets and go through Remy’s online store. This has also been such a cool experience to be working with a marketing/social media manager. Marketing is a path that I’m very interested in going into and so it’s been very cool learning from her. As a whole, it’s been insane to see how much work goes into running a business and it’s very cool to see what goes on behind the scenes. Brooke and I talk about this all the time and find ourselves saying how grateful we are to have this opportunity to intern at Remy. Brooke and I will finish these next two days strong and will get our poster together for express fest! 

Comments

Popular Posts