WEEK 1 REFLECTION

This week has been filled with lots of learning and excitement. Brooke and I started off on Monday by meeting Remy and the social media/marketing manager, Tiffany (who were the coolest!). We got photos of each other wearing Oscar and Hevron pieces–which are new brands that Remy is carrying. We got an understanding of what Tiffany looks for in the marketing side of things. On Tuesday, we uploaded photos, watched helpful tutorials, got insight from Remy, and went to a fashion show. At the fashion show, Brooke and I focused our attention on getting good shots for social media. Wednesday was filled with coming up with a list of solutions on ways to sell new but last-season inventory. We visited local boutiques and consignment stores to get more information and then came up with a proposal for Remy. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, we went to a designer convention, got shots for Launch2Life, and had a full day working in the store. 

Brooke and I have learned so much this first week. Because of our interest in fashion and marketing, every day is exciting and compelling to us. We are eager and curious to learn from a boutique owner and hear what she has to say. Additionally, I am learning what I would want to do in the future. I am figuring out what I like to do and what I don’t like to do. We are experiencing going into the city every day and using public transportation on our own. 

I am so excited about next week! On Tuesday, we are going to Remy’s other location in Nantucket. We are going to get some more content on the beaches and help her out in the store. One of my favorite parts about this internship is looking at all of the different styles that Remy has in the store. Brooke and I love playing this game where we pick out a piece of clothing and challenge each other to create an outfit that fits a certain event. We have so much fun with it! We have spent 40 ½ hours this week and have learned and gained so much! 

Comments

Popular Posts